Initially founded in 2006 as Object Solutions and headquartered in Switzerland, SpecPage was inspired by a simple desire for increased productivity. The serial entrepreneurs and SpecPage cofounders, Peter Atzenweiler and Severin Weiss, saw the potential for software solutions within the food and beverage industry to eliminate formula and specification spreadsheets, which were previously widely used across the industry.
Being a pioneer always takes longer than planned, but now, in collaboration with our initial customers, we have developed SpecPDM, a user-friendly and simple product data management platform, enabling R&D and quality professionals to set up and maintain a powerful application to relieve their respective IT departments of the burden of having to provide extensive support. SpecPDM became the first standardized out-of-the-box enterprise solution for formula and specification management in the food and beverage industry, facilitating faster rollouts and a prompt return of investment.
Initially, we focused on developing a customer base in the German-speaking markets, where we quickly became the market leader. After 2010, we began expanding internationally, establishing offices throughout Europe.
Our shared service center in Bratislava, Slovakia, initially set up for development and support, has expanded to become the largest single office for the rapidly growing company. The Bratislava location now provides support for the financial and HR operations of the entire organization.
In 2015, we took the chance and acquired the US company SpecPage, a small solution provider for the food service industry. In the same year, we also acquired GLN-Data in Germany, a SAP© solution provider for GS1-GDSN. In just a few months, both companies were fully integrated and all the European counterparts were renamed SpecPage to establish a uniform trade name across the globe.
Our US operation quickly became a strategic pillar, as our solutions were sold to several large US food producers and to global accounts as well.
To support our continued growth in the Asia-Pacific region, as well as to provide local support and 24/7 customer service, in 2017 we established a subsidiary in Singapore. Together with a strategic partner with offices in Taipei and Beijing, we have accelerated our path to becoming a global PLM leader in the food and beverage industry.
As a global leader in innovative, enhanced digital solutions for the recipe-based manufacturing industry, the executive management team at SpecPage excels in progressive, cutting-edge practices for efficient and effective product development.
The professional SpecPage staff and team members maximize the quality of service provided with flexibility, speed and seamless disposability – in constant compliance with information security requirements according to the ISO/IEC 27001 Standard.
SpecPage has a dedicated adherence commitment to information security management via:
- Implementation and maintenance of unique rules throughout SpecPage processes
- Achievement of full compliance with requirements and customer expectations based on knowledge of client needs
- Attainment of full compliance with information security and legal responsibilities
- Continued dedication to education and benchmark qualifications for SpecPage staff and team members to maintain the highest standards of customer service
- Ongoing monitoring of associated risks for information security
- Dedicated efforts to improve safety and protection
- Risk reduction via ongoing information security training and development for team members
- Implementation of a dedicated information and security management system to exceed best practices and standard principles
- Focus and commitment to appropriate legislative and internal documentation requirements for information processes