PLM is product lifecycle management. SpecPage PLM provides a trustworthy and reliable foundation for digital transformation. PLM synchronizes data and streamlines production, saving time, avoiding confusion and accelerating speed to market.
Pre-research and development, when supplier costs and availability determine the profit margin for a product, PLM tracks the source of raw ingredients, processing date, expiration date and allergen information – all of the information necessary to make the best decisions for procurement, vendor selection and raw materials costs.
PLM is the most essential tool to achieve competitive advantages in the food and beverage industry:
- Raw materials identification and quality control are simplified
- Online forms allow easy upload and revision for product-related data
- Product and process information can be shared with users across teams, departments – from the factory floor on authorized devices
- Product and label designs can be shared with authorized stakeholders, changes are immediate, and information may be accessed remotely by developers
- Efficient inventory management
- First-to-market status achievable to advance consumer demands